I remember when I was growing up my native mother Hail Eagle Woman would stay up all night talking about ceremonies with me.
Time used to fly by as we discussed spirituality and ritual. I miss those days. Tonight, I feel like I am relieving those days but tonight I am “talking” using my fingers. I talk with loved ones through emails and instant message. I blog and tweet by experiences and stories emerging from my Breath of Life Adventure. The best thing tonight was reading everybody’s prayers for me and my quest. I definitely feel the sacredness of my journey especially tonight. I began this journey with tobacco prayers. I surrounded myself with daily prayers with Rainbow Turtle and healing native music. I really do believe that tonight is a turning point and a new spiritual chapter is opening up to me. This blessing is a wonderful early birthday present. Anushiik Thank you for praying with me on this sacred night.
It’s official, I am on my way to Washington DC. I shared a ride with two wise good friends who were full of so many questions about the Breath of Life Archival Institute for Indigenous Languages. During the ride I was able to share the story of my Stockbridge-Munsee band of Mohican Nation people and my personal journey uncovering language and culture for the last 10 years by founding and running my online circle Mohican-8.
As I am typing this it is a gloriously sunny day though I heard someone in my community talk about the Tropical Storm Andrea that is hitting Washington DC right now. There are talk of flash flood warnings as I follow the path of the storm on my laptop.
Through my laptop I will be able to share insights as I make this most momentous journey. Already through Breath of Life Archival Institute for Indigenous Languages other opportunities are beginning to surface. To me this is not going to be a two week event, but a life long journey and I look forward to the ride.
I made the print in my very first printmaking class where I carved the design for my Big Vision and Values. White Turtle Rainbow is the vehicle to how I will tell my Two Step story which includes the journey with Breath of Life Archival Institute for Indigenous Languages.
- Honor the circle
- The balance of the Mind, Body, Heart, and Spirit.
- The coming together of the four races to teach the other races wisdom.
- A recovery story of a Mohican woman finding herself, her higher power, and true love.
WHITE TURTLE RAINBOW
- A bridge builder connecting people, races, cultures, and nations together with native wisdom
Waapan Alaangweew – Morning Star
- A light shining in the darkness a sign of hope of the coming of a new dawn.
The Artist’s Way Circle
Basic Principles of the Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron:
1. Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy: pure creative energy.
2. There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life–including ourselves.
3. When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
4. We are, ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
5. Creativity is God’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
6. The refusal to be creative is self-will and is counter to our true nature.
7. When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good orderly direction.
8. As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle though powerful changes are to be expected.
9. It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativity.
10. Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity.
- Lenape Fourth Crow prophecy: “We now know that the First Crow was the Lenape before the coming of the Europeans. The Second Crow symbolized the death and destruction of our culture. The Third Crow was our people going underground and hiding. The Fourth Crow was the Lenape becoming caretakers again and working with everybody to restore this land.”
- 7th Generation prophecy in order to help the next 7 generations we must go back and learn the past 7 generations
- 8th Fire prophecy reach a path where Native Americans and settlers work together in harmony, peace, and love.